Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm still ALIIIIIIIVE!

Hey All,
Fuuuuuuck, It's been 6 days and I've made it through another one of those damn surgeries! I am feeling good enough to post and since Connie did a great job blogging about the events that transpired I've decided to keep this one short and positive. To quickly summarize, my recovery is faster than before but it was more painful right after the operation. Not only was my epidural line only in for 3 days (down from roughly 8 days the last time) I was out of the ICU a day earlier and I am able to walk up a flight of stairs (barely) almost a week early since I'm not attached to a large & annoying epidural charging station. I still have 1 chest tube which is going to be removed today so that should also significantly reduce my overall pain levels. I have also resumed my lung rehab regiment which includes the salt/mineral inhalation and pressurized breathing multiple times a day. My staples were also removed as I was typing this paragraph by a new nurse who is a big gamer and Diablo 3 player. He said he knew about my fundraiser before I even got to the hospital! GG viral interwebs.

Oh yea they ended up removing over 120 tumors from my left lung.. So within the last 4 months I've had over 250 tumors removed from both lungs! Holy shit that's a lot apparently...
If it wasn't for Rolle's laser I would only have the option of using the TKI chemo drugs or finding other alternative treatments. I am still searching for other long term solutions so if you guys come across something please send it my way...snake oil, basilisk salts? Sure I'll try it.

Entertainment: Final Fantasy Tactics (IPAD), Boardwalk Empire (TV), Endymion by Dan Simmons (audiobook)
Therapy: Mindfulness Meditation for Pain Relief by Jon Kabat-Zinn (audiobook), Full catastrophe living by Jon Kabat-Zinn (audiobook), Bhang Bars & Cannabis Jolly Ranchers (cannabis candies, great for sleep and relaxation)
Temperature: Cold as Ice and I love it. All I have to do is open up a window for a bit and it soothes my soul.

Some Pics for your enjoyment:
Mustache and my neck line (see the stitches about to pop out? yea this is in my fucking neck and hooked up to a major artery)























Both Chest tubes! Yea this shit is going into my lung (upper and lower lobes, hopefully by tomorrow I will have none)














Thanks for reading,
KKG

5 comments:

  1. Kevin it is Tim again, I wanted to thank you for making this blog. I have always viewed you as a very healthy person and this entire situation has been a shocking wake up call. I have entirely changed my life style and eating habits for the better and embraced healthy living no matter how bad the food tastes or how hard the exercise hurts.

    I found some resources that I think might be of use to you. Stanford University offers free cancer support care over the phone, their phone number is (650) 498-6000 and also here is the URL to their website http://cancer.stanford.edu/patient_care/services/nutrition/

    Cancer is not a death sentence, but rather it is a life sentence; it pushes one to live.
    - Marcia Smith

    Anessa and I wish you all the best, get better soon, you are greatly missed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a heck lot of tumors removed! +199 achievement points to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates. Damn, whats with the epidurals screwing up both times? It's not like that's new tech or anything. Hope your recovery's speedy. See you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear things are going well, thinking of you guys and rooting for a speedy as possible recovery. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete